Monday, March 1, 2010

Sorry to be rude, but 'scuse me while I massage my...

BUTT.

Oh, ow. My ass is so sore! I did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD yesterday. Holy sore muscles Batman! It's been a while since Jillian and I got together, so doing this DVD reacquainted me with lovely lunges, etc. This DVD is set up much like the Boot Camp one. It has three levels, and you spend 1-2 weeks on level 1 (20 min), then add level 2 (10 min), then level 3 (ten min). Also, like Boot Camp, there is a 5 min. warm-up and 5 min. cool down. My biggest problems with level one is that it wasn't so much intense cardio for me. Bob's thousand lunges and squats didn't have me breathing all THAT hard. Not like Jillian's moves did, anyway. Of course, it could very well be that despite my pained gluteus maximus, my cardio is a bit better than a level 1. Maybe I will add level 2 next time.

I am not anticipating any weight loss (unless the scale gods are up for miracles) this week. You know what? I'm cool with that. I'm kinda digging this weight right now, and am happy to maintain it for a while. I do want to lose a few more, to be sure. Just not in a huge rush is all. I AM contemplating giving you a more revealing "after pic" like sports bra and short shorts (or a bathing suit, if I can find one I don't hate) or something like that. It's hard to see what's really going on under clothes, and I know I always appreciate those who post more skin in their after pics. We'll see how I feel and if YOU peeps want to see that kind of pic.

And oh, did I mention that

CANADA WON HOCKEY GOLD?!?!?!?

You know, just in case you were in a deep dark cave under the earth yesterday and hadn't heard. EPIC game yesterday. I was so nervous as the clock ticked down the final period and then NO! It couldn't be! At the last second the US friggin' well TIED the game! My poor heart could barely take it. Overtime. Sudden death overtime. Luckily, the Canadian team had it in them, those lovely boys, to slide a goal in before the Yanks could. Thank you Crosby! You are our hero!! And of course, Canadians around the world celebrated in grand style (and copious amounts of beer) all day and night. Hells. Yes.

Can I just say how proud I am to be Canadian? I love this country, and I hope that this spirit and national pride stays with us past the games because CANADA ROCKS, EH?

I hope you all enjoyed the 2010 Games as much as I have!

That's all for now folks.

4 comments:

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

I bootcamped it up today. Thought of you the entire time!

Lucas said...

You know, I've never been to Canada and have always wanted to visit there. Sure seems to be lots of nice Canadians in the bloggosphere and Honduras was LOUSY with them, all smiling and saying eh! :)

Congrats on the W.

RFlatstone said...

Not exactly commenting on your blog entry (you know where I am with hockey, and me commenting on your butt would not be a good thing no matter what I say). I did, however, want to share with you that I just had my weigh-in and I am down 2 lbs for the week despite the bad eating weekend! I guess it helps that we don't really have a lot of bad foods in the house anymore (Yeah 'Netter! Wait, I've been doing the shopping. :p)

RFlatstone said...

So, I don't know if you would have ever seen this, but we have a TV ad running down here promoting the dairy industry - California in particular. It's been a series of ads with a slogan "Great milk comes from happy cows." It depicts all these cows in a pasture talking with each other like a gossipy girls' club. Anyway, the most recent one has them talking about "the new girl" who is arriving today:

“Hey, there’s Canadian Kirsten, the new girl”
“She’s from a foreign country!”
(exaggerated enunciation) “Nice – To – Meet – You.”

Kirsten: “I’m so excited to be a California Happy Cow.” Silence from the other cows. “Anywhoo, I’m lookin forward to getting to know ya!” More silence. “Okay, see ya ‘round, eh?”

“Her English is flawless!”
“Sure is.”
“You’d never know she was Canadian!”

http://www.realcaliforniamilk.com/content/canadian

And for Kirsten's "audition,": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iXSO6hWGVg