Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blog blah

Just a quickie so y'all know I am alive and kicking. No, didn't get run over by a bunch of rowdy, Canadian flag wearing drunkards on the streets of Vancouver. I will post a nice video showing some of those crazy Canucks though.

I've just had a hard time getting motivated to blog. I have the blog blahs. Or maybe a blah blog. I dunno. It seems my comments have dwindled a lot, and that just makes me wonder if anyone is reading this thing. You guys keep me accountable....honest. Without you there IS no blog. So I hope you are out there, and it's not just...crickets.

That being said, I am still doing my thing. There is a certain amount of blah in my weight-loss efforts, too though. My cold from hell is finally dwindling, but it really took a lot out of me to be sick for nearly a month. I tried to exercise 4 days or so a week, but didn't always make that. Plus, I've been "allowing" myself to eat more since Christmas. My "just say no" willpower is much weaker these days, and I am much hungrier. Luckily, I have lost a few lbs despite this, though not lately! Hmm shockeroo.
My weigh-in on Thursday was status quo. I was a bit surprised to see the scale dip on Wednesday down to 163, but it was back at 165 the next day. Just the scale fuckin' with me.

To shake me from my apathy, I am trying something at school. I have a very keen (and very fit) student who expressed a desire to become a personal trainer. I asked her the other day if she'd consider training ME for the practice and experience. She was super excited at the idea! I figure her having a "client" will look great on school applications and resumés. Also, she can check with her PE teacher to see if what she has planned is appropriate, so I won't end up messed up or somethin...you know with like one bicep bigger than the other. Yup, I think of everything. I am hoping she can help me with strength training and maybe even get me running...which is something I really, really want to do (that and lose the girly-style push-ups...so lame!).

So current goal is to ease off the extra snacks (nothing big...not scarfing cookies here), say "down boy" to my hugner, and exercise 5 days a week. Also, need to get back on speaking terms with Jillian. I haven't shredded regular-like for a while (not since the dreaded snot-drip incident). I need her to kick my sorry ass some more.

Hope all of you are well....loves ya...MWAH!

4 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Your cold has really been clinging!

What a great idea to have the student train you. I love using a trainer. There is no way you are going to cheat when someone is standing there watching. LOL! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

Madame DeFarge said...

I'm here! Exams over for now, so I can get back to the gym - maybe I need you to motivate me now! Keep going, you know it's worth it.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Hey lady, if you need some extra support and motivation just say something! I may be blech myself but our whole thing with being partners in crime is to encourage, or kick, each others' butts. Just tell me to call and I will!

Anonymous said...

February 26? Where is the 27th and 28th? What happened to you? It's been a bad weekend for me, eating-wise, and I need the encouragement of another soldier in The Battle Of The Bulge!