Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day Eight: Workin' out is hard to do!

So now into week two of the weight-loss extravaganza. Having worked out 8 days in a row, I have to say, I am NOT LOVING EXERCISE!!  I wish I was one of those lucky sods that just likes doing it. Not me. Not ever. I think, in the past,  I've gotten to the point where I feel jittery and odd if I don't exercise my muscles, but still never liked it. I am trying not to let that feeling of, "Oh lordy, do I really have to do this AGAIN?" beat me. I know I will eventually miss a day, but I don't want it to be because I was feeling lazy. That way lies...badness. :)

Ok, so my day! Yes! I ate the usual breakfast of cereal (Raisin Bran this time), and my nutribar for lunch. I eschewed the much-maligned carrots for my snack and chose some nice, crisp grapes instead. Mmmm. When I poked my head into the staff room I was a bit disturbed by the sight of multiple packs of chocolate cookies. Luckily there were also oranges! I had oranges instead. As I see it the stats thus far are:

 Tammy: 1 
 Snack Monster : 0 

Suck it Snack Monster!!

After work I was again very hungry, so I had an applesauce cup for a snack. Then Jason and I tried a chipotle sausage for dinner, hot off the grill, but I didn't like the flavour. I had a few chunks of boiled white potatoes (easy on the margarine!), salad and some of that macaroni salad from last night. I was ALMOST full by the time I finished. I imagine my stomach will start shrinking a bit soon. That will be  nice! 

That leaves me with my old friend exercise. Oh, how I loathe thee exercise. You mock me with your necessity for good health and weight loss. You will make me live a longer, better life, you heart-rate increasing, breath-taking, muscle-aching entity of evil!! Grrr!! 

Ok, I'm done. Ahh feel better now. Yes, so I did exercise today despite the extreme desire to do otherwise (and by otherwise, I mean sit on my oh-so comfortable ass). I did another walk in the park, this time with my friend and colleague, Kim. It was another gorgeous day (our weather has seriously ROCKED lately!), and walking with Kim was a real treat. Thanks Kim!! The time just flew by while we talked and walked. I was so surprised when she said we had to head back. Oh? Work? Righto! When I got home, I rode the bike for 15 minutes to get my heart rate up a bit and use the free weights. Really hard to get motivated to do that. Really. 

Another good day under my belt, I must say! 

Stats for the day:

Weight: 212

Exercise: 50 min. moderate intensity







4 comments:

RFlatstone said...

You are my hero, T. I haven't done so well today, but I did get on the scale and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. I will get back on track.

Tammy said...

Glad to hear that Troy! :) Thanks for reading, as usual. :):)

Christine said...

Keep it up .... your doing great!!!!!!!!
Remember ... water will fill you up too!!!!
Have you tried walking??? Once I get started, I really like it. It becomes very meditative.

Tammy said...

Thanks Christine. Yes, I am really trying to drink more water. Walking is probably the only exercise I don't mind doing! Thanks for following along, it means a lot! :)

T