Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chickened out...for now



Yup, I chickened out yesterday. I know. Sad. I didn't face Jillian M. and her dastardly and debilitating 30 Day Shred DVD. I did an excellent workout with my 17 yr-old trainer-girl (she's a student in my class who wants to be a personal trainer, so she's working with me to gain experience). She scared me a little after our session though. She said, "Next time I'm increasing the intensity...I'm gonna make you sweat. No, I'm gonna make you CRY." Um. Eeep. Being the sweet girl she is, she quickly backpedaled and said, "Well, I won't make you cry, 'cause that's mean, but I will make you sweat!" Yayyyyyyyy.

So anyway, I dragged my tired ass home and then considered the DVD. The last time I started out with Jillian et al. my legs were useless masses of pain-filled jelly for a few days. So my brain conspired against me and convinced me that doing the Shred the day before a running day would be misconceived at best. Perhaps I should start the torture Shredding on a Saturday as to have a bit of a break before running. I'm afeared of the Shred.

I just read Lyn's post at Escape from Obesity, which you can read here, if you haven't already. She mentioned The Bethany McDonald Memorial Blogroll, which is a place where bloggers can connect and hopefully form friendships and gain support in their struggle to lose weight. Such an amazing idea! So I hope you will take a minute to check out some new blogs, and hopefully follow them and comment on them. Lend your support to a blogger in need, or even one who's doing great and on a roll!

Huh, that's interesting. I just received an email asking me if I'd be a blogger interested in working with the Nutrisystem program. All I know right now is she said I'd receive free food, counselling and a maintenance program. Hrm. I've asked for more info. What do y'all think?

8 comments:

Tricia said...

I got that same email! I've never tried Nutri-System before...but for free...maybe? Let me know what you decide!

River said...

I want free stuff =P

About Jillian... chicken out all you want. You know she'll deliver! So you gotta go for it girl! Suck it up and let her work her magic on you :)

Big Clyde said...

I'd consider the Nutrisystem thing...it's just low-cal free food, right?

Okay, so what is the 30-day shred? I'm afraid I would be too out of shape of not flexible enough to do it. (But I could use some shredding...)

Blossom said...

For free sure. Gotta say, the food isn't that great (as none of it needs to be refridgerated...draw your own conclusions!). I have done it before. But it's a controlled diet, so if you think you need help in that way, why not!

Maria@HuffandBuff said...

Hmmm..I may have to pull out my 30Day Shred workout for tomorrow. I did Jillian's Yoga Meltdown - Level 2 tonight. Definitely more difficult than Level 1 but doable.

Maria

Tammy said...

Maria- I haven't seen her yoga DVD yet...innnteresting! Happy shredding!

Spaghetti Cat said...

I can't blame you, double work outs when your legs feel like jelly! No Beuno!
I have heard mixed reviews about nutrisystem, but if it is something you are interested in, go for it.

Also oddly enough, I see that you are from BC! I was born and raised in a tiny town called Kitimat, but have moved a lot since about age 12 :)

Lucas said...

That would be SOOOOO tempting, but since it's not REAL food, chock full of sodium, etc. I'm not sure it's habits you need to learn, plus once off the food, wouldn't you just gain it all back? Just my two cents. I think you can do better on your own.