Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jillian is MY bitch

After about 11 days of shredlessnes, I had a hot date with Jillian I just couldn't miss. I toyed around with the idea of doing level one or two to allow for alllll those days of being sedentary and the lingering hacking/phlegming I got going on. But you know what? Fuck that. I am hardcore. I did level THREE, and I kicked ass doing it. Plank? No problem. Cardio? Bring it on! And nary a lung was coughed up either! Wheeee! So I am glad that I got in touch with my badass side and just went for it.

I haven't weighed myself since Thursday 'cause I am a little afraid of what the scale is going to show. I am hoping that getting back to exercising will help with this week's numbers. The best thing to come out of this illness is that it makes me think I really have changed my lifestyle. I was SO frustrated with not being able to work out! It wasn't about gaining weight so much, though that was a part of it. I was really worried more about losing muscle tone and my cardio endurance. I liked that I was getting stronger and better at the Shred. I wanted to do those friggin planks on the weights for BOTH sets off my knees. I wanted the sit ups to get easier and my abs to get tighter. Stalling out on that, sitting on the couch and feeling like crap on toast just KILLED me. So what are the odds I would be feeling fine and just sit around all sloth-like while my muscles atrophy? I'd say the odds are tiny, wee even.

So thank you viscous, stupid cold for helping me realize that I have changed my life. Thank you and get the hell out.

That is all.

5 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Thanks for the pep talk I needed. I'm sitting here typing in bed on my sixth day of being sick and feeling like my body is turning to mush. I hope to be getting back to it like you did very soon.

Fat Daddy said...

That's awesome, Tammy! For me Jillian's just a plain old bitch! For you...you are kicking her ass! Glad you are back in the swing.

soontobe...skinnygirl said...

Congrats on beating that nasty cold! It's always much easier to lie around waiting for it to pass! Way to push yourself!

-B
(And thanks for joining my blog!)

Anonymous said...

... while your muscles atrophy!

Woman, you make me laugh! I think that's a fantastic realization. I completely agree. Month ago, I was at a point where I was at the gym three times a week, even doing the Shred in December. now it's been weeks since I've worked out - mostly because I've been cutting down my cals and working out always increases my appetite. That being said, I'm afraid of this evening when I return to the gym - it's gonna be HARD!

kanishk said...

Glad you are back in the swing.
how to grow taller