Monday, December 21, 2009

BLAH!

I am rolling in the guilt here people. I have failed to Shred. Again. For anyone keeping track this makes three in the 20 days or so. This time I decided that my stupid, good-for-nothing, freeloading knee was just too sore to punish it with Jillian's moves today. I've tried to take it easy on 'em lately, and I've also been trying to stretch more, thanks to Karen's advice. I don't know what else to do, except maybe rest one day and see how it goes tomorrow. I still feel terrible for not doing it. Friggin' no Shredding guilt. Hate it!

I am so proud of my friend Coley for Shredding her ass along with me. :) You rock sista! Also, Amber has been doing great...yes, that's right Amber...GREAT! Tiffany has rocked Jillian before, and is now doing a different video, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, that sounds like it'd just about kill me.

I really did want to do this Shred every day for 30 days, but I also have to listen to my body. I will Shred tomorrow, and as many days after that as I can. If I miss one, ok. I will also do my best to bike before and after.

I kinda screwed up my weigh-in today. I forgot to do it first thing, and went and had breakfast and a bunch of water. Most of y'all would agree, that's not ideal! I like to be totally empty and close to naked on that scale. Hey, I'll take every advantage I can get! I think I was a pound down. I will weigh again tomorrow, and confirm that. 'Cause I know your day just won't go right until you know for sure. :P

I will say this for Jillian's DVD, it's given me some muscle definition I didn't have before, and my abs are feeling STRONG. Thanks Jill, but I still don't forgive you for killing me slowly, no scratch that, for making me want to die quickly every time I work out with you.

2 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

It's probably a good idea to rest the knee if it's giving you a lot of pain. Could you do some upper body work only until the knee starts cooperating?

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

No more guilt! Listen to your body Tam, it's ok. I loves ya. And I'm not doing great, but thanks for saying I am anyway lol.