I maybe kinda sorta cheated a little and took my Tuesday weigh-in number for my Monday weekly update. But it's FOUR POUNDS! I gotta take that.
That being said...a small family emergency kept me from working out this eve. I hope the downward trend can still continue! I did well for eating today (and darn it if I am not hungry now after mentioning food! Bugger!). I was telling my mom earlier all the things I do differently now, I guess my "secrets" to success. They go a little something like this:
1. I eat smaller portions with more veg. My plate looks so different now than before. I've done this for 7 months, and I honestly don't think I could eat more at dinner if I wanted to! I put this seemingly paltry amount of food on my plate, and it fills me up! Wtf?
2. I snack only on healthy foods. I don't eat cookies or chips or any junk as snacks anymore. I eat fruit, veggies, applesauce or almonds.
3. I don't eat after dinner. Yup, it's hard sometimes, but I don't. Well, see #4. :) I drink tea if I get hungry. Mmm gingerbread spice!
4. I give into that choco craving in a VERY controlled way. I have these little squares of dark chocolate that are 30 cals. The awesome is that I don't seem to have a problem only eating one or two for dessert. I savour them...let them melt in my mouth slowly. Mmm.
5. I try to drink lots of water. Hard. To. do.
6. I exercise 5-6 days a week for 1/2 hr doing cardio and weights.
7. I don't give up even when the freakin' bastard of a scale spits back the same numbers day after day after day after day for a MONTH.
8. I blog. I get to throw this stuff on the page and then receive lovely words of encouragement from some seriously fantastic people. Love it. Love you guys.
39 lbs down. I know I could have done more to lose it faster, but this is what works for me. I don't feel deprived or starved or crazy with this lifestyle. I don't call it a diet. I can't. If I call it a diet, I will one day go "off" my diet and gain it back. This is my life. This is how I eat and live. Period.
Oh yes, and good news! I heard from Sugar-Free Cupcake, and her blog is here. Hope you will check it out! She's doing a lot of great things to maintain a healthy lifestyle...very inspiring!
And slap my ass and call me Judy, if I don't have another new follower! Helloooo Heidi from One Step at a Time! This gal is a runner!
I bow down to the fleet of foot as
Mine seem weighed down with lead
And slowly upon the earth I tread
Lol...sorry, lil' poetry moment there (teaching it to my gr. 10 class and it just seeps in).
Later y'all...and in the immortal words of Canadian funny man Red Green: Keep yer stick on the ice.