Friday, July 3, 2009

Jack Sh*t's Commemorative Poem...and more!

The moment we were all waiting for has arrived! Jack Sh*t, wordsmith extraordinaire, has written his poem celebrating our half-ass weight loss! Best of all, one verse is all about yours truly! Please check out the poem, nay the masterpiece,  here, and be patient because my verse is wayyy at the bottom.

Thank you Jack! 

In other news, I have a sick husband on my hands. He is all virus-ridden and miserable. Poor guy. Even before the illness struck our Friday plans were doomed, though. My mom had to come back to town for an appointment, so no trip south for pseudo-camping. Boo hoo. Now, I am really worried I will also get sick! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!  Please cross your fingers for me.

I didn't work out today because I didn't want to push myself. Being headachy and tired and paranoid didn't help either. If I am not on my deathbed tomorrow I will work out fo sho. 

I did want to mention some of the fun and funky changes I've been noticing. 

1. Muscles

I LOVE having muscles! It feels so great to feel firmness under my skin rather than mushy marshmallow (ugh). I've noticed my outer thigh muscle is coming in nicely...have that long line showing through now. My arms are more toned too! I can see a tricep muscle moving around there even. I can also see some nice definition in my calves. 

2. A waist

Now, I don't have the tiniest waist in the world, by any means, but standing in front of the mirror, I can see it dip in nicely before swelling out again at my hips. I have always had slim hips for my size. My stomach is still a work in progress, but it's definitely less there. I can feel this lessening especially when I bend over to tie my shoes...no uncomfortable squeezing of excess flesh! 

3. Bones

When I look in the mirror, I can see...get this...COLLAR BONES! Yes! They don't jut out or anything, but they are definitely there. I can also feel my hipbones pushing up through that padding of flesh, just aching to bust out. Lol...not literally 'cause that'd be gross. They are really apparent when I lie down. 

All in all, I just feel better about my body. I like what I see more and more. I want to wear shorter shorts and more fitted tops to show it off. Don't get me wrong, it's not all rainbows, kittens and sunshine. I have issues with many body parts still, and I certainly won't be parading around in a bathing suit any time soon **shiver**.  Nooo. 

That's all I have for today, folks. Hope all you lovely American's have a fantastic Independence Day! 

p.s

I AM a bit sore from my visit to the gym, but not as much as I thought I'd be. Raising my hands above my head is painful. I never realized how much I sit with my arms up like that until now! Weird. 



6 comments:

Madame DeFarge said...

happy 4th of July. Sorry to hear that you're all feeling a bit sick. Muscles are very handy. tend to keep you upright. I remember having them. If you see a spare set hanging around, pass them on to me.

Madame DeFarge said...

(except I forgot you're in BC, so 4th of July is not quite what it is across the line - ooops. Have a good weekend anyway)

Anonymous said...

Okay, what's up with my gorgeous friends? Your updated June pic - what a fox! Your hubby must be one happy Mista!

Tammy said...

MDF: No worries. I am so close to the U.S. border, I may as well be American!

Coley: Thanks babe! You are looking pretty darn hot yourself. I love the new pics, especially the one in your header. :) I think hubby's a happy guy. :) Hope so anyway!

Carlos said...

love your blog, totally stalking it starting... now! best to the hubby, hope he's on the mend.

Tammy said...

Carlos: Yayy! I love stalkers. I mean...um...welcome! Yes, my gladiator of a husband dragged his weak and tired ass to work this morn. He's my hero. But thank goodness, he's feeling better!