Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Consistency VS Apathy

Ohh people, I am having a really hard time staying motivated to work out! I am on yet another stinkin' standstill and the scale is pretty much giving me the finger whenever I step on it. I've gotten on the bike the last two days and have wanted to scream, cry and throw a hissy fit that would make any two-year-old child proud. I whine. I moan. I am obnoxious even to myself! Oyyy. I know it would help if I did something different, but I don't even want to do that! With hubby still sick, I have no walking partner, and I hate walking alone. Just way too boring. 

God, I am such a whiny bitch! 

I mean, I guess it's still good that I am getting off the couch to do my workouts. Yes. That's good. Yesterday I even worked out before noon! Wow. It turned out to be a good thing because I went out socializing that afternoon at the last minute. Today, I had to leave early-ish for a lunch date with my friend Lara, and didn't have time to work out before. I really wanted to just sit on the couch all night, but instead after dinner I rode that f#@%ing bike. 

Another not-so-good thing is I'm barely eating my fruit and veg these days. I was more consistent when I was working with me brining a snack and the having another when I got home. I would get at least two servings in that way, then get three or so at dinner. Now, I'm lucky if I get two!  Friggin' hell. It's going to take a lot of concerted effort to cram vegetation into my gullet. 

Dinners have been bad lately because of sick hubby. He doesn't want to eat much more than soup or toast, and I don't want to cook a whole dinner for just little ol' me. Friggin' hell again. 

Let's see what I ate yesterday...

Kashi cereal
nutribar
macaroni and cheese with two small buscuits
salad
fiber cookie pack


And today...

Kashi cereal
1/2 a chicken sammich with lettuce, tomato and asiago cheese
less than 1/2 portion of curly fries
banana
other 1/2 of sammich
1/2 cup healthy choice chicken noodle soup
fiber cookie pack

SEE?!?! Where's the healthy? I don't think I'm over-eating or anything, but my choices are just not the best. Grrr. I do think I'm doing ok at restaurants. Eating only part of the sandwich and only a few fries is so good for the girl who would ALWAYS clean her plate. Always. I'm not buying those cookies anymore either. They are a lot healthier than those 100 calorie Oreo packs or whatever, but they are still cookies. I don't need to be turning to cookies. I've been eating them to curb this baked-goods craving I've had lately. I'd rather have my no fat 40 cal. fudge pop as a dessert. 

I think that's all I have for now. I did take some pics today that I may post later. I have to get them off my camera and see if I am brave enough! 

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Someone should, really. 

Stats for the day:

Weight: 198

Exercise: 35 min. 




 


2 comments:

Fat Daddy said...

Damn, woman! Don't beat yourself up so much. Your two day diet looks pretty good on calories and fiber. OK - you could use some more green and fruit, but your will power looks good....and you are working out even w/o the hubby.

As for enjoying or looking forward to the workouts. I think most of us fall into three categories. One, a small minority that truly enjoys the workout. Two, those who don't (that's me) and three, those who are like me, but lie and tell others they are into it.

I think the lie is a self-motivational tool, so I don't begrudge them for the self BS.

What makes the workouts tolerable? Results and a partner to do them with, which is why your seem a bit down.

Hang in there, you are doing pretty good. Remember: It's a distance race, not a sprint.

Tammy said...

**sigh** Thanks Fat Daddy. :) I appreciate the reality check.