Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Carbs are my friends, whaddya know?

Since I have added some carbs to my plan, I have felt soooooo much better! Today I was chipper, awake and had energy all day instead of dragging my grouchy ass around. All it took was two slices of whole grain bread last night and some oatmeal today. Other than those additions, I followed the 17 Day Diet. The extra bits are allowing me to reach 1200 calories, finally.

Tonight I had diced chicken and grilled peppers with crushed tomatoes over s piece of 16 grain bread (only 100 calories and darn tasty). I actually felt like I ate something afterwards.

Of course I can't forget today was weigh-in day. Time to see if the scale gods would smile upon me as they once did. And you know what? I got a great big grin today! I am down 6 pounds from last week. Yayyyy!

I am not fooling myself that next week these fickle gods will show me the pearly whites quite so dazzling again. But I will take any loss I can get!


To recap my week...

Following the 17 Day Diet to the letter was a fail.

I was able to resist all temptations that came my way (oh, except the bites of b-day cake).

I have eaten more vegetables this week than I have the last two months combined. No kidding.


I can't wait to see what next week will bring!

3 comments:

Laurie S said...

Hey there,

I know it's been forever since I've commented on your blog, but I want you to know that I still read it when it pops up in my reader.

I also want you to know that I think you're one strong and dedicated person. Keep it up!

Also, I found this podcast about Willpower Science *very* inspiring and encouraging: (http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2011/12/31/840-willpower-science/). You should give it a listen! You're totally not a failure if you have a setback or two! <-- Science said it, so it *must* be true :)

Tammy said...

Thanks Laurie, glad you are still reading after all this time away. :) I appreciate the kind words and encouragement! I will check out your link now. :)

Tiffany said...

It can take a while for your body to adjust to using fat and protein for energy instead of carbs (like alcohol, carbs are one of the easiest forms of "energy" for your body to process). I generally shoot for less than 50g net carbs daily (net= carbs-fiber).
Keep up the good work, 6lbs is a great drop!