Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's a good news bad news kinda post

Let's start with the bad news...I am sick. So there I was, feeling all smug and invincible, convinced my immune system was kicking ass, as everyone around me dropped like stuff that drops fast, when whammo! I got it. Fever, aches, chills, frigging annoying cough.

Boo and hoo.

I started to feel off on Saturday with a bit of a cough. I still went to the park with my fiancé and his kids for a picnic in the sunshine. It was a balmy 12 Celsius and nothing but blue skies, so who could resist? I rode the bike earlier that day, and no problem. I decided to do a few laps around the field and ended up coughing myself into some nice chest pain. I stopped running. I haven't exercised since. :(

The good news is I am down to 215.6. Couple pounds from last time. I'm sure at least one of those pounds is from my lack of eating the past three days.

One thing I realized over the weekend is that I don't think I'm in danger of and carb-rebound weight-gain. I've eaten carbs a few times now and my weight has stayed the same. I'm trying not to overdo it, but I had yorkshire pudding and cake with my late birthday dinner on Sunday (a feat possible thanks to the magic of Neocitron which knocked my fever down for a few hours), and the fam ordered pizza last night. No problemos. I could only eat 2 pieces though...which was amazing. I used to eat 4 without feeling really full. Gotta love stomach shrinkage!

Anyway, that's where I am. I still have this countdown clock in my head. I'm trying to figure if I can lose over 15 lbs more in a month and a half to be under 200 by Jamaica. That would be fine, indeed.

Here's hoping this cough will bugger off soon so I can try some more exercise!


No comments: