Thursday, January 23, 2014

Exercise Shmexercise.

So I'm still down about 10 lbs. It's definitely hit a wall since the thrill of seeing a pound a day leave my body (ok, it was water weight, but it still felt good!). Yesterday I ate a piece of banana bread- ooooh carbs! I thought maybe that would affect some water retention. It's funny, now that I think back, I was peeing like every hour after the third day or so on the low-carb plan. Now I know why! I'm much more back to normal now, so I guess all those lovely glycogens are happy to keep their water for now. Ah well.

That brings me to the thing I dread the most: exercise. Gah, it's the worst for me. Last time on this merry-go-round called weight-loss, I had a TON of people give me advice on exercise. Nice people. Well meaning people. But nothing they could say could help me like exercise. Oh, they said, just find something you like to do that's active and do that! Uh huh. What if there is really nothing I like to do? I only exercise because it is a good way to lose weight and to stay healthy. I suppose if you put a gun to my head and made me choose some sort of exercise that doesn't fill me with dread, I would say maybe walking. I don't hate walking. However, I do hate walking in the cold and the rain, which pretty much rules out the whole area of now- it being winter and all- for walking.

I haven't broken a sweat doing any type of the dreaded exercise yet, but I'd like to plan it out. I'm thinking I'll ride my recumbent bike to start. I like to do hand weights while I ride to give my heart rate a boost and work my upper body. I also have that arm workout video I want to try still. I used to do the 30 Day Shred, but lost the DVD. I replaced it with a similar Jillian DVD, but I didn't like it as much. I keep meaning to grab another copy when I'm out and about- I think it's still pretty popular. I did Jillian's killyourlegsohmygodplankingsucks workout the first time about 8 months into my weight-loss journey last time. It was in December, and I think I lost about 6 lbs in the 30 days. I think that's pretty good considering it was through Christmas feasting and I'd already lost 40 or more pounds.  It really helped develop my core and I got some nice leg definition from all the squats. Yup, I will check her out again for sure.

Wish me luck in my foray back into sweating and muscle pain...oh, and endorphins. I hope I get some of those!




3 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Unfortunately, you can't pay people to exercise for you (I take that back; I paid this kid Frederico to work out for me and the results were spectacular FOR HIM AND NOT ME! I should have asked for my money back!

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

What?! Does that mean I also can't just transfer my unwanted calories to people I don't like? Crap!